Monday, September 30, 2013

My Life Day

Tomorrow, October 1st is my SPECIAL DAY....my BIRTHDAY!  I LOVE birthdays!  I know it does mean that we get OLDER, but I prefer that to the other option!!!

We started celebrating already.  At work, St. James parish, Menomonee Falls, we had cake, actually two cakes as there were three of us celebrating.  And now, just a bit ago, one of my sisters came over with some bakery she baked and a card.

And, of course, I have been receiving cards and  phone calls....which means people are having wonderful thoughts...thinking of me...and wishing me "peace and all good"...for which I am GREATLY GRATEFUL.

And at prayer this morning I was going through my past year, thanking the Lord for the numerous  events where I saw and felt the Lord's presence and intervention in my days.  As I reflect, I notice that I have more trust than I used to have.  Perhaps that comes with age...since I am getting up there, whatever "up there" means....not heaven, yet, Lord!  

Or it may mean that I am more aware of God's presence and working in my dailyness.  Whatever it is, I am glad.  I pray that I continue to be open to God's action in my comings and goings, and do see God's loving and compassionate hands holding me.

I also spent some time with my mother....

So if you read this on OCTOBER 1, be sure to send me a prayer!

AUTUMN BLESSINGS TO YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment