Sunday, September 15, 2013

Feast of the Sorrowful Mother

Yes, today is a special day for us: the SISTERS OF THE SORROWFUL MOTHER.  Any of you (SSM's) who visit my blog today; HAPPY...HAPPY FEASTDAY.  I HOPE YOUR DAY IS MARVELOUSLY BLESSED!

SSM's.  Who are we?  I would like you to meet us, but rather than my telling you, I encourage you to google us or visit www.sistersofthesorrowfulmotherorg.  You can also find us on www.faceook.com/sistersofthesorrowfulmother and on www.youtube.com/ssmsisters and www.flickr.com/photos/ssmsisters/sets.  Wow!  I'm impressed.  And if you google us, you will find MORE!  Happy googling!

One of our prayers is the Stabat Mater, the "At the cross her station keeping" prayer.  You may want to google that too.  It is a bit lengthy, but it is a prayer to Mary standing under the cross.

You know, I think we often look at Mary as a statue, lifeless, HOLY, sinless.  We forget that she was truly human, with feelings, ups and downs like us....and a mother, like some of our mothers today, whose son was brutally killed....and she accompanied him to the bitter end.  And she accompanies us as well in our struggles and deaths.  What a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment