Monday, September 2, 2013

Mini-vacation

I did not take time to visit family in Colorado this year, which I considered "vacation".  Therefore, I decided I DID need some fun time, some away time, some time to do something different. 

SOOOOO, one of my sister friends and I decided to go to Door County, which is a peninsula north of Milwaukee....tourist attraction.  There are lots of little towns all along the beach on both the east side and the west side.

We decided to go up the west side where there seemed to be more towns.  Since it is the end of summer, we were fortunate not to have wall-to-wall tourists.  Less fortunate is that there is little to do other than walk along the streets and SHOP....lots of shops with unique stuff. 

Since I am not a shopper or a collector, I was quickly finished with the shops!  Next was to sit along the street and people watch or the best: go to the lake and sit and admire and take in the beauty of the water and watch the sail boats and other boats.  This I enjoyed.

The other fun thing we did was take a boat ride and a trolley ride....learned lots about the history of the area.

Enjoying God's wonders of nature...and the wonders of people was truly a good experience.

Now tomorrow I begin my new ministry at St. James parish in Menomonee Falls, Wi.  Am looking forward to it....yet a little nervous...I need to trust! 

No comments:

Post a Comment