Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Five days old....

Yes, I am five days old....in my new ministry.  I am Coordinator of Adult Ministry at St. James Parish in Menomonee Fall, WI.  From my few days' experience and from what others say, St. James is a wonderful parish.

Staff has been most welcoming, encouraging and helpful to me as I settle in and find my way around.

I am very fussy about liturgy, Mass, so before I signed on the dotted line, I went to Mass one Sunday to check it out.  It was wonderful:  Fr. Mike was a prayerful presider, really able to have the congregation join in the prayer and song  His homily met my expectations.  I loved the music, piano, guitar, and a wind instrument.  I was drawn and inspired to pray....as it should be.

I told Fr Mike he got an A+++++.

So, I am grateful to the Lord for connecting me with this parish.  I am grateful to the people who interviewed me and decided on me.  In my search I had placed it totally in the hands of the Lord.  I knew, I trusted, GOd had a plan....and it would happen....and it happily did.

Now comes the WORK!!!!  And I trust the Holy Spirit and all my buddies UP THERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment