Sunday, May 4, 2014

Remembering..........

May 4, 2014....a very special day: anniversary of my First Communion.  What a wonderful memory!  67 years ago...I tried to figure how many times I have received the Lord...something like 22, 120!  And the question that surfaces: what difference has this made in my life?  To what extent do I resemble the One whom I receive?  Tough questions!

And another funeral of a friend...I cannot believe the number of friend-funerals I have attended in the last couple of months.  The one wonderful result:  I have ANOTHER friend to bring my concerns to my God.  But it certainly touches my heartstrings....and the memories....and such a reminder that I will be joining them....these funerals are not all happy and not all sad.  Difficult, yes.

Such is the cycle of life....birth/life/death/resurrection.

I wish you RESURRECTION JOY and PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment