Monday, May 19, 2014

Can you believe?

THANKS....GOD....THANKS....................

We had a BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL day yesterday:  sunny and pleasantly warm.  I actually went for a long walk...have not done that for months.  So that is my  "can you believe?" # 1.

Now my #2 "can you believe?"  In Sunday's Gospel Jesus  says:  "Whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these."  WOW!  We who believe will ACTUALLY do GREATER works than Jesus?  "How could that be possible for ME?"  you may be thinking.  Surely, Jesus did not mean ME!  I am just Me.  But Jesus does mean you and me.  Jesus promised this!

Mark Strobel notes: Through the Church (that's you and me) Christ's love and grace have flourished across centuries and continents.  Jesus' own ministry was limited to three short years and one small stretch of land,.  But the Church has embodied Jesus' ministry for two millennia throughout the world.  Our Lord's peacemaking, healing and care for the poor have been at work in us and through us across the limits of time and place.  We have equaled and exceeded the scope of Jesus' work....In our flourishing and faltering, the power of Jesus' resurrection gives each of us life.  Our works of faith, small and great, will endure because the Risen Christ's love and grace exceed all expectations."

What affirmation and encouragement to continue to be Jesus hands and heart!   Are we special!

No comments:

Post a Comment