Saturday, April 12, 2014

Working Saturday...

I'm at work today, Saturday.  We have our last catechetical class and I have a few minutes before they come for lunch.  Picked up and set up their lunch, and now I am smelling like onions....strong ones for their sandwiches.

This morning's reflection was based on "I will...cleanse them so that they may be my people and I may be their God."  From Ezekiel.  I've always had a fondness for this quote....The Lord will make me clean so I can be his and so he can be my All.

From:  The Word Among Us:  "Few of us are exiled literally, but all of us have at times lived as exiles from the kingdom of God.  These "lands" each have their own idols.  They all have their own particular sins and, honestly, fairly dense populations.  It might be an exile to the domain of drug and alcohol abuse or the realm of bitterness, anger, and resentment.  Perhaps it's the land of lying, cheating, or stealing or the nation of competition, acquisition, and pride...

God wants to bring you home...to  rescue you and plant you firmly in his kingdom.  No matter how deep your pain, how strong your sin, or how stubborn your heart, God is greater.  His eye is upon you.  His hand is stretched out toward you.  Reach out to him!"  

What HOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment