Saturday, December 14, 2013

Longing...........

Truly, I have been longing to come to my blog...but TIME has been really problematic for me.  And now I had a cancellation and zoom....I came to  chat...even if it is one-sided!

I hope your Advent has been truly one of quiet, reflection and giving.  In the two parishes I frequent, they have the giving tree.  The people have been most giving.  Today at St. James, where I am the coordinator of  Adult Ministry, the needy from all around the area stood in line...and it WAS a looonnngg line to "shop" for toys and clothes for their children.  All donated by the "haves"---which is WONDERFUL.  Sharing of their "riches".

We have a pre-school just up the street from St. James.  All the tots, trotted over yesterday holding in front of them a plastic bag with a toy they were giving for the children who would not have had one.  It was a most touching sight....I got  lump in my throat....then they sang carosl for us!  They were darling!

How have you shared the Christmas spirit of love, joy, peace, hope?  You have two Advent weeks.....and then LET"S KEEP SHARING.  It need not be costly.  We CAN do it.  I dare you!

And....are you being counter-culture?  No "happy holidays" PLEASE!  What is Christmas about?  We would have none of this if it had not been for the birth of Jesus....the coming of our Savior.  PLEASE!  PLEASE!  Show your "smarts" by wishing everyone you meet....familiar or stranger...a MERRYCHRISTMAS!

I pray that this coming Advent week is a week of tranquility and hope for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment