Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Echo the Yes"

I must be "up-front".  The title and what I will share is from Dec 20, "Give Us This Day".  It is just what the dr. ordered....at least it was for me when I read and reflected on it.  Then I decided I MUST share it.

Caryll Houselander says that Mary said her YES for the human race...and so we each are to echo that YES in our own lives.

"The surrender that is asked of us includes complete and absolute trust...like Our Lady's surrender, without condition and without reservation...we shall not be asked to become extraordinary or set apart...we shall be asked to give our flesh and blood, our daily life--our thoughts, our service to one another, our affections and loves, our words, our intellect, our waking, working and sleeping, our ordinary human joys and sorrows--to God.

To surrender all that we are, as we are, to the Spirit of Love in order that our lives may bear Christ into the world--that is what we shall be asked."

What a challenge!  But how exciting!  We, like Mary, are called to be pregnant with the Savior and bear him, birth him, bring him, make him present in my home, my community, my place of work....wherever I am. 

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment