Sunday, May 5, 2013

Something strang in the sky...the SUN!

Yes, we finally have a sunny day!  PRAISE GOD!!!!!  As I said before: it's amazing what a little bit of SUN can do for your attitude.

I just want to share with you the source of my reflection this morning.  As is sometimes the case, we can read something that SEEMS so new, yet we have heard it, read it LOTS of times.  I think this is true for me of this passage:  Isaiah 41:8-10 (I think).

"...you whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and summoned from its far-off places, to whom I have said, YOU ARE MY SERVANT.  I CHOSE YOU...DO NOT FEAR.  I AM WITH YOU.  DO NOT BE ANXIOUS, I AM YOUR GOD.  I WILL STRENGTHEN YOU.  I WILL HELP YOU.  I WILL UPHOLD YOU WITH MY VICTORIOUS HAND."

Is that not POWERFUL?  Is that not HOPEFUL?  Is that not ENCOURAGING?

"...summoned me from far-off places..."  I just had to chuckle.  Here I am in Wisconsin...summoned from New Mexico, truly a "far off place"!  CHOSEN!  and by GOD!  Truly, how can I doubt?  How can I fear, worry, be anxious?

Thank you, God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment