Sunday, April 28, 2013

Grateful! Joyful!

I am greatly grateful and full of joy after having attended a retirement party at Sacred Heart School of Theology where I was Associate Director of Human and Spiritual Formation for nine years.  I left when my community asked me to go to the Dominican Republic.

This was the most diffiult "obedience" I ever had!  There were LOTS of tears!  I loved my ministry at this seminary for second career men...men who were career men, who had been married, widowed, divorced and some single.  They were a wonderful bunch to work with.

I was invited to the retirement Vespers and dinner for three of my former faculty "buddies".  It was wonderful to go back, to visit and catch up.  It was such a "shot in the arm for me.  Both faculty and students happy to see me and let me know how I am missed. 

How we all need this kind of a message, this kind of encouragement.  Most of the tme it is just "business as usual".  We need to remember how important it is to praise, to pat on the back, to encourage, to affirm. 

Let's you and I start an epidemic of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment