Friday, May 31, 2013

Mary visits Elizabeth

Today we celebrate, commemorate Mary's visit to her elder cousin, Elizabeth, who was expecting.  We note how thoughtful Mary was.  When the angel told her that her cousin, Elizabeth, in her old age, was pregnant, and quite pregnant, Mary decided to go help her.  Then, too, I can imagine her asking all kinds of questions, getting the help she would need as she began her pregnancy.

In one of my reflection books, it quotes Elizabeth: and how does it happen to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

It is not the same as our "Why me?"  "How could this happen to ME?" attitude.

Elizabeth is in awe and wonder....and grateful.  The lesson for us?  Be alert and aware of the events, the surprises, the unexpecteds, the other than usual and be in awe.  Be in wonder.  Be grateful.

Now....IF I can only remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment