Friday, March 29, 2013

Who am I at the table of the Lord?

This was the title in my reflection book for Tuesday.  I  found the questions worth sharing.

When Jesus announced someone would betray him: would I be like the disciples, staring wide-eyed, open-mouthed, not knowing what to say?  Would I be like John, collapsed in grief, laying my head sadly on his bosom?  Would I be like Peter, promising loyaly even to death?  Would I possibly be like Judas, taking the morsel Jesus offers as a last gesture of LOVE....then go out into the dark to do my dark act?

The author suggests that each character represents some defect in our lives...times we ought to have spoken up and times to be silent....times so bound up in my own pain and so failed to see the pain of the other...times I have betrayed the love of Christ in my weakness and failed to be a real disciple.

Good reflection stuff....

No comments:

Post a Comment