Friday, March 29, 2013

Favorite days....

The Triduum is my favorite 3 days.  It goes way back 60+ years from my childhood.  I loved Holy Thursday (when litugy was in the moring--pre-Varican II).  After Mass we had adoration ALL day at a beautifully decorated altar of repose.  THis is where my love and devotion to the Blessed Sacrament birthed, I think.

Then...my dad was a member of the "Hermanos" a men's group dedicated to the passion of Jesus.  They had small private chapels...ours was up in the mountains.  On Good Friday we went there for prayer and for outside Way of the Cross.  Lots of praying and singing and carrying a cross.

Holy Saturday was a quiet day of mourning....no playing or visiting!

Then in community, we had these days of silence. 

Since I don't know when, I go for a Triduum retreat.  This year I could not go because I need to be here for my ministry....four are joinng the Church, one is being confirmed, and one is receiving first eucharist...so I am making my own triduum retreat.  Prayer and silence.

I pray these holy days are truly holy for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment