Wednesday, January 16, 2013

National Vocation Awareness Week

This is the week to "be aware" of vocations.  It strikes me funny...of course we are "aware" of vocations.  We see them daily:  the married, the single, priests, religious brothers and sisters, (or nuns, as they sometimes call us).

VOCATION:  a call from God to love and serve in specific ways.  We are all called to live, love and serve, each in our unique ways as I noted above.  Some are called to live, love and serve in the single vocation.  Some are called as husband, wife, mother, father.  Some as ordained ministers.  And some of us are called to live the consecrated life as brothers and sisters.

It is a tough job to know clearly where God calls.  Therefore, I believe prayer is of the utmost importance and help.  Discerning where I will be truly happy.  Where I will become the best me I can be.  Where I can use my giftedness to the utmost.  Where I can truly make a difference. And...which life kind of grabs me...which one seems to have a special attraction for me.

If you are in that place in your life wondering where God is calling you, try reflecting on these  questions....and you may want to find someone with whom you can discuss this whole VOCATION-CALL.

I wish you the Holy Spirit!  

No comments:

Post a Comment