Friday, December 7, 2012

Advent.....

Advent is my favorite liturgical season....time of waiting, quiet, promise, hope.

It is unfortunate that for the majority of us Advent is a time of rushing, shopping, baking...and all the other "ing's" that destroy the true meaning and sense of Advent.

From a reflection I received from the Franciscan Spirituality Center:  God speaks to us in whispers, through silence.  We need to set aside the dramas, our busyness, so we can hear and feel the divine whispers.  By clearing our minds of the clutter of our lives, we can connect with the Divine. Surprise! There is a spiritual self within us.

I invite you, I challenge you, especially this wonderful season of Advent, to be still for a time every day.  Surrender into the mystery of stillness.

I wish you the gift of quiet.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this beautiful reflection!

    ReplyDelete