Thursday, August 25, 2011

The other day we celebrated the feast of St. Rose of Lima.  Our choir was asked to sing for their parish patronal celebration.  Here in the Dominican Republic it is a custom to celebrate the feast of the saint for whom the parish is named.

Being a member of my parish choir (San Ramon), I went to help in the celebration.  What faith-filled people!  What joy-filled people1  What welcoming and grateful people!  What a wonderful impression they made on me!

The presider was a priest from Spain and I was overjoyed to be able to understand him.  He had a most meaningful and challenging homily on RESPECT and HONESTY, two values that he applied to FAMILY...from the young to the old, from children to parents...to leadership in the country.

I have kept his homily "pondering it in my hearrt"---praying about my respect: for myself and for others, my respect for God's creation, my sense of honesty with myself and with others.

What about you?  On a scale of 1-10, where are you with these two values?  Happy weighing!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Lucille, for taking up the challenge of sharing your life on this blog! I beleive that we are making a difference in the lives of others and also promoting SSM through this social media.

    Many blessings in your ministry and life in the DR.

    ReplyDelete