Saturday, August 20, 2011

Morning of Reflection

This is Saturday....seems not as hot...or am I imagining...that's good too!  As long as it keep me cooler!

Our parish, run by the Eudist priests, sponsored a morning of reflection today at La Delgada (translated the skinny one [f]).  The Eudists are building a house and a seminary there.  Talk about FAITH!

I thought it would be a good opportunity for renewal for me, so I decided to participate. We were about 70 in attendance.  Began with morning praise from the feast of St. John Eudes, their patron, whose feast was yestereday.

Fr. Miguel, our pastor, led the day.  He is an excellent presider and homilist and, of course, he was great in his presentations.  The theme was: Route/Itinerary for the Christian Life.  He presented the steps as: the encounter with Christ, conversion or change, discipleship (to which conversion leads), communion/community (to which discipleship leads....sharing our Christ-relationship, and mission: sharing by our lives the results of our encounter with the Lord...evangelizing. I need to spend some reflection time.  The morning ended with sharing Eucharist.

It was a good mini-retreat of which I would have liked more, but am grateful for the experience.

Hope your Saturday was just, and more, profitable!

BLESSINGS.......




No comments:

Post a Comment