Thursday, December 11, 2014

wonders continue............

Yes....myriad wonders, but I do not always take note as I am "stuck" with being grateful for the "wonders" of our temps....it is absolutely unbelievable that our December is bringing us such beautiful temps. The weekend, they say, will be in the 40's.  Thank you, God!
Appreciate this...for it shall not last.

And, of course, it is my favorite liturgical season as well: advent....season of watching and waiting and slowing down and quiet...as we prepare to celebrate a special birthday...our Saviour's.

In our preparation, we listen to John the Baptist "proclaiming a baptism of repentance."  To share Janet Schaeffler's thoughts: "Perhaps before looking into the manger (or to the commercials, decorations, gift-buying, etc.) we need to listen to John... (who) emphatically tells us to repent...a simple "about face".  We turn away and turn toward something new.

John's message, the message of Advent, invites us to ask ourselves: Have I gone deep enough?  Am I just living on the surface?  Does the busyness of Christmas preparations disrupt time for prayer, for deepening my relationship with Jesus?  Is my pre-Christmas calendar so full that there is no time for the people in my life, no time for caring for those who are hurting?"

Lots to look at, reflect, take in...and act.

ADVENT BLESSINGS...

No comments:

Post a Comment