Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Still "high" from Pentecost

As I noted in my last blog....I LOVE Pentecost!  First how it happened....what followed....the Apostles all speaking in different languages....being understood by the various cultures...if only we had that today....we all "understanding" each other!  and THEN the courage and wisdom and strength the Apostles had to GO OUT AND SPREAD THE GOOD NEWS!

What a lesson for me...do I have the courage to GO OUT AND SPREAD THE GOOD NEWS?  And that, not necessarily by what I say....as St. Francis noted:  Preach, and if necessary use words!

In one of my reflections on spreading the Good News, the questions were: what do you do when gossip starts?  How do you handle someone using God's name disrespectfully?  How do you respond to anger, insults, unfairness?  Our everyday life...in the nitty gritty...that is where I prove my following of the Risen Lord.

The Holy Spirit of the eternal God has come.  S/He is here, s/he lives in us;  s/he sanctifies us;  s/he strengthens us; s/he consoles us.  S/He is the pledge of eternal life!  I pray you re FILLED with this wonderful Spirit and the seven gifts and twelve fruits!

PENTECOST BLESSINGS.........

No comments:

Post a Comment