Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Happy anniversary to me!

How unique!  I'm wishing myself a happy anniversary....why not?  It makes me happy to think that on the 3rd I recalled 61 years ago I left my little town of Villanueva, NM...left home, friends, relatives, and my doggie, Waggie.

On the 5th, I recalled my seeing 6618 North Teutonia, Milwaukee for the first time.

Why was I celebrating these events.  Well, I recall the 3rd, my leaving home, as not being that jubilant.  There were lots of tears with those good-byes.  Never been away from home.  Going to an unknown land....and I was quite young!!!

Arriving at 6618, Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother motherhouse, a huge 4-story red brick building.  Strange.  Then to discover that the sisters were on retreat...8-days of silence.  Fortunately, the young ones in formation were NOT on retreat.

What were this leaving and arriving about?  I was coming to begin my preparation, my formation, to become a sister.

And that as 61 years ago....how time flies, really.  It does not seem that long ago.  I am grateful to the Lord, to my many companions in formation and to the many sisters who walked with me, supported me in good times and in sad times, these 61 years.  

"For all that has been GRACIAS.  For all that will be YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment