Sunday, July 22, 2012

New Beginnings...

"New Beginnings" for me are usually exciting, novel, scarey, exhilarating, filled with enthusiasm. And this is what I experienced this past week as I began my new ministry. Since I retruned from the Dominican Republic I have been searching out and discerning where it is God leads me. Very interesting...the first position I looked it...and did not think I would consider because it was part-time...and I was stuck on full-time, is the one that I finally chose. I was quite impressed with the pastor who was really intent on having sister-presence in his parish. I was further impressed with how he told me he would hold the position for me until the end of June...even when he knew I preferred full-time. God writing straight with crooked lines! (I think that's the way it goes!) So this past Monday I began my ministry at St. Anthony the Hermit Parish, Menomonee Falls, WI. My responsbilities are adult faith formation and RCIA. Totally new for me! Lots of studying and learning on my part. I have very good feelings about the parish, very friendly and welcoming people, for which I thank the Lord. What did I do all week? Well, I am big on ambience, so spent two days decorating my office and my workroom. Then I set about the boring, but necessary job of setting up the files. I am very grateful to the Lord for my ministry and feel that this is where I have been called. I pray, and ask you to pray, that I fulfill my responsibilities and my role with joy, generosity, and fidelity. God bless you........

No comments:

Post a Comment