Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mini-vacation

Some people go abroad...I go to green Bay, just miles north...no big deal, really.

I just had the "get-away bug"!  But where?  Especially for just the weekend.  Did search possibilities.  I am not a shopper, so the  popular area north of us is not for me....primarily shops, and lots of them, but I get bored LOOKING at all I really do not need...may want.

So after some googling I decided on Green Bay.  One of my Sisters agreed to go along.  For two days we slowed down, toured some interesting places, and just enjoyed God's beauty.

On my return, my "bug" was still active, so I actually went to Bastille days which I had NEVER attended...LOTS of people, booths, music, and, of course, French food.  Was there for about an hour, ran into friends from some of my former life, which was great.

It is good to do the unexpected, be spontaneous, and just surprise yourself.

Now I am preparing to go on retreat next week...my annual "spiritual get-away"...will return renewed, refreshed, and having had a spiritual shot in the arm....actually in my whole being!

Do you go on retreats?  The best thing you could do....treat yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment