Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Youth conference

I had the privilege of participating in the national Catholic Youth Conference in Indianapolis this past week.  What an experience: 25,000 high school youth from 50 states!

It was a couple days of enthusiasm, life, activities, creativity.  I never heard a word of complaint, bad language, or saw any type of negativity.  Where is the media to report all this positive behavior and energy?  Usually we hear only the negative....unfortunately.

These are our future Church and it is wonderful!  We had a "chapel".  I never went in there once that there was not a "crowd" in prayer, personal prayer.  I was totally blown away, as they say, at the LOOONNNGGG lines to receive the sacrament of reconciliation.  Our prayer services and Mass in the Colts's stadium was wonderful....praying and singing wholeheartedly.  The music for me, an "old lady" was a bit LOUD, but it is where our young are. Another surprising thing for me was the silence at prayer....when silence was called for....INSTANT silence was their response.  Truly amazing for me!

Wonderful! Amazing!  Promising! I hope and pray that all these attitudes and behaviors are continued and repeated at their local parishes...for the renewal of the life of our Church.  They can do it...together!  I wish them the very best.

GO! Future Church! GO!  With the Lord's blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment