Friday, August 31, 2012

What's new?

I truly believe the expression:  How time flies!  I cannot believe how long it's been since I was here.  That's a sign that I have been BUSY.   And indeed I have been.  And I thank God for this. I like to be busy as I get easily bored.  I love to make "TO DO" lists....it's such an accomplishment to check them off.

Busy, as I FINALLY am employed.  This is quite an accomplishment.  After I returned from the Domincan Republic, my time was taken up by sitting at the computer and checking diocese after diocese for ministry openings.  Nothing.  This was not a time for jobs to be available, but even afterwards, I seemed to be
over-educated, over-experienced....and I added "over-the-hill".  But as I figured, God had a plan...and I finally caught up with it.

I am now employed at St. Anthony the Hermit Parish in Menomonee Falls, WI as coordinator of RCIA and Adult Faith Formation...and loving it so far.  We have a wonderful pastor, prayerful, open, and a happy priest...all important qualities in my book.  I thank God for bringing me here.

This weekend I am speaking at all the Masses introducing myself and my ministry.  I hope the parishioners see a sister happy in her life of prayer, community, and service, a sister who is friendly, open, and inviting in her ministry.

I hope your Labor Day weekend is relaxing and renewing.

BLESSINGS.....

No comments:

Post a Comment